Start a meetup
Interested in arranging a meetup with your fellow community members? Read on to discover how you can make it happen!
Never miss out on meetups in your area by joining our Circle page 👇
Why have a meetup?
The goal of a meetup is to connect our community members outside of the online community on our Slack space. Meetups allow members (that’s you!) to network, collaborate, and have a pulse on their local network. We welcome professionals at all stages of their careers.
Advice for meetup leads
Choosing a location:
- Usually, bars and restaurants are the best choices.
- Bookings can be required, so it’s a good idea to call the venue and check that there aren’t any events happening there that day.
- Final attendees are usually about 40-50% of the final RSVP list.
Before the event:
- Tues-Thurs generally work best near the end of the month.
- Typically, 6-8pm in your timezone is best for everyone.
- To make sure we can reach everyone who might want to attend, we need about three weeks' notice.
- Picking a date/time/venue yourself is a lot easier than asking the community.
During the event:
- As the lead, please arrive at the venue about 10 minutes before everyone else.
- It’s a good idea to post a photo of where you’re sitting in the venue to your location channel so that others can easily find you.
- Take a photo of everyone there and post it on your LinkedIn and your location channel - we love to see everyone together!
What happens after the event?
We’d love to keep the party going! Based on the initial in-person meetup, if there's enough interest, we’d like to support you in continuing regular meetups in your chapter.
Hosting responsibilities don’t have to lie with one person. Feel free to nominate the next host.
And that's it! If you have any more questions, feel free to send them to the Finance Alliance Community Manager. We hope to see you at a meetup soon.